Groundhog Day comes only once a year and its arrival is eagerly awaited by thousands of Phil's faithful followers. Nowhere in the world is Phil's prediction more anxiously awaited than in Punxsutawney, PA, "The Home of the Groundhog!"
Zoom internet meeting information here:
Zoom Contact Info
The Punxsutawney Groundhog Club has a lot of great activities, lesson plans, and worksheets for different age levels. This is a list of some the most popular activities!
The Traditional Groundhog Cookie
- This is a Groundhog Day must! With the help of an adult, kiddos can create one of the staples to the Groundhog Day Celebration!
Ages: All with adult help.
- Phil is just waiting to have some color added to his life! Help Phil by giving him some color; Phil is always much happier when he is brightly colored!
Phil Letter Trace
- Help Phil get ready for Groundhog Day by tracing the letters!
- Groundhog Day is the perfect time to study shadows. Studying shadows is not only fun, but also will get the creativity flowing.
Groundhog Day Vocabulary Words
- Use this game to practice the Groundhog Day vocabulary words.
Age: Middle School
Groundhog Day Number Plot
- Integrate Groundhog Day into your math lesson! Check out this number plotting activity!
Age: High School
Send us your questions about Phil!
The Groundhog Club loves to answer questions! Let us know if you have any questions about Groundhog Day or Phil! We would love to hear from you!
Check out this great piece of artwork!
Every year we receive many pictures and letters from students across the world!
Send them to:
The Groundhog Club
1548 Woodland Ave Ext.
Punxsutawney PA 15767
Recorded Zoom Sessions will be uploaded on this page. Check them out with your kiddos!