The Punxsutawney Groundhog Club was started in the 1880's and continues to this day to protect and perpetuate the legend of Punxsutawney Phil, the great weather predicting groundhog. Punxsutawney Phil has built this legend over long years of reliable predictions of when spring will begin. The world now stops its busy pace at 7:20 am EST, February 2nd of each year and waits to hear the prognostication of Punxsutawney Phil. The Inner Circle of the club manages the event that is free to all attendees. We also arrange a festival that stretches for a week around Groundhog Day with many fun activities held in Punxsutawney and surrounding communities.
Phil and the club also travel throughout the world visiting people who wish to meet Phil and find out more about his amazing popularity and regal stature.
In the late summer the Club makes a Trek to Phil's Stump at Gobbler's Knob about 4 PM and Phil drinks several sips of Groundhog Punch a secret recipe of the club that aids in Phil's longevity. You can become a member of the club and help support the legend of Punxsutawney Phil by clicking here.
For more information about the Inner Circle Members, Click Here!
- As a member of the Punxsutawney Groundhog Club you will be supporting the Inner Circle in its mission to promote and protect the legend of Punxsutawney Phil.
- You will receive an official membership card of the Groundhog Club.
- Copies of our quarterly newsletter will be emailed to you so you can keep up with all of the happenings with Phil, Gobblers Knob, and the Groundhog Club.
- You will recieve a copy of the Official Proclamation, read by our Vice President on February 2nd on Gobblers Knob.
- You are invited to a reception hosted by the Inner Circle in Punxsutawney on February 1st to meeting and mingle of the Inner Circle, and most importantly see Punxsutawney Phil.
To Request a ticket for the Members Only Reception email firstname.lastname@example.org.