- Allow students to make shadows on the overhead screen or a piece of white paper.
- While one student is making a shadow on a piece of white paper have another student trace it. Add lines, colors and backgrounds to create a “Shadow Creature.” Have students write a descriptive paragraph or a narrative about their creature.
- Divide students into groups of three or four and have them write and perform a shadow play.
- Use a projector light to draw a silhouette of each student. Use them as a bulletin board display and then have students take them home as a Valentine gift for the family.
- Have students display a shadow on the classroom floor. Students can take turns measuring each other’s shadow in inches and centimeters.