Advertisement -Your Ad Here
Welcome to the blog for Punxsutawney Phil and the Inner Circle. In order to provide an experience that is enjoyable for the extensive demographic that is "Phil's Faithful Followers" there are some rules and procedures you must agree to before posting rights are approved for you:
Considering the real-time nature of this blog, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember:
- We do not monitor the contents of posted messages in real time,
- We are not responsible for any messages posted,
- We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message,
- The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of Punxsutawney Phil or the Punxsutawney Groundhog Club or the Inner Circle or any entity, commercial or otherwise, associated with this message board.
Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email at email@example.com. Once a member you can also notify moderators or site admin by using the private message (PM) system embedded on the message board.
We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. Please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.
By checking the box and submitting your acceptance of board rules below, you agree, while using this service:
That you will not use this message board to post any material which is:
- Knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.
- Copyrighted material unless the copyrighted material is owned by you.
Commercial Posts and Advertising
Commercial information is only allowed if you are a paying advertiser of The Groundhog Club or if the blog allows members to recommend or rate a business.
Commercial information includes but is not limited to, unless pre-authorized by site admin, the following:
- advertisements for any non-paying company of any size,
- other websites that directly compete with Punxsutawney Phil as determined by the Punxsutawney Groundhog Club,
- business links, email addresses, product names, or company names in signature lines (this information can be listed in your profile page),
- links to your personal or business E-Bay or other online auction sites,
- posting pictures or images of businesses or services with any reference to the service or business,
- use of business names in the screen name unless a paid advertiser or by authorization of site admin.
General Groundhog.org Rules and Policies
Although we do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever.
Material posted here may not be reproduced or reposted elsewhere without the consent of the author.
You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s) in the blog and within any private communication in a private message(s) (PM).
We reserve the right to reveal your identity, email address, and IP address (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message, in any form, posted by you in any form.
Groundhog.org is designed and intended for family involvement. Cursing or language or images not suitable for family viewing are not allowed. Further, you will be notified, warned, or in some cases have your membership privileges removed for such infractions.
Disputes with Moderation
Groundhog.org relies on the talents and judgment of its moderation team. All of these people volunteer their time and talents to providing a positive and informative place for Phil's Followers to share and discuss their views and experiences.
From time to time, members may disagree with the editing, removal of posts or threads, or other actions by the moderation team. In those rare events contact the moderator directly at admin@Groundhog.org. Explain the problem with their decision and ask for a reason for the action. The incident will be investigated and a final decision rendered. Discussion of differences of opinion concerning moderation in the public forums will not be tolerated.
Unauthorized Use of Services
Those denied use of the site services or those found to have used fraudulent means to gain access to site services can, at the discretion of site administration, be subject to the laws of the State of Pennsylvania or other jurisdiction as the case might be.
Free Speech Disclosure
Groundhog.org is a free site with rules governing the use of these services. There are limits to your free speech rights by accepting the rules of this site. Those limits are determined largely by good taste and family values.
Cursing or swearing in any manner is not condoned on Groundhog.org. We make every attempt to edit the posts containing it. Cursing and swearing in written form or in combination of letters and symbols, or in "cartoon or comic page" symbols is not allowed within the Groundhog.org site.
Groundhog.org is designed for and encourages the relating of your personal experiences with the community of Punxsutawney, Punxsutawney Phil and events associated with Groundhog Day. The key to a fulfilling experience on Groundhog.org is to treat others as you would want to be treated; this extends to the differences of opinions held by other members.
We encourage the amicable exchange of stories and opinions on topics related to the celebration of the history and tradition of Punxsutawney, Punxsutawney Phil and Groundhog Day. The manner of that discussion must be carried out in a friendly and interactive manner that is free of personal slights or personal attacks.
Groundhog.org checks on the validity of email addresses to reduce the incidents of spamming on the boards. We request you register with your internet service provider email address to speed this process.
Thank you and enjoy!